Re: Headlight upgrade

>> Ron is selling cheap euro spec lights right now made in India by a company
>> called "Autopal".  Don't know about quality, but they're cheap price-wise
>> and come with city light holes pre-drilled.
>
>  Ron as in Ron's Parts?  Also, I thought that city light kits had this
>thing that you actually put around the H4 unit so drilling holes wasnt
>necessary?  Do these cheap lights have the same pattern as the Hella?
>
> Andre'

Yep, Ron as in Ron's Parts.  The city light holes I'm talking about (the
only ones I've ever seen) are actual holes in the reflector a couple inches
away from the socket for the H4 bulb.  The Autopal lights come with
grommets too, so all you gotta do is plug in the small city light bulb,
wire it up however you want, and away you go.  I think Hella does it the
same way...my friend and I just recently found out that his Euro lights had
city lights in them all along; there had been a set of disconnected clear
bulbs in there since he got the car, so all we had to do was get some blue
ones and switch them in.  BTW blue and red are not popular colors with the
local law enforcement.  YMMV.

I'm not sure if the Autopal lenses have the same exact pattern as the
Hellas.  They are billed as "Euro-spec lenses".....