Re: antenna

>ok, you've all probably had this question posed many a time...but i
>can't find the answer on any FAQ.
>
>see, it's the antenna thing.  i've got an 88 16v with the beesting
>antenna (of course).  radio no longer picks up any am signal strength
>and very little fm.  i know the thing is an amplified antenna, and i

Before you do anything else, make sure there is a problem with the antenna.
Check and see that the little black wire that runs alongside the antenna
cable is getting 12v; if you have an aftermarket deck connect this wire to
the remote turn-on lead.  I can't remember what you do with it for stock
radios.

You should probably also look at the ground point for the antenna, which I
think is on the roof at the base of the antenna mast.  More than a few
people have said there was rust etc here that was causing problems.

hope this helps....