Nology dyno update

I finally got a response from Nology about the dyno run we made.
Read on...

(I said:)
>>Huh?? This makes little sence to me. You install them, you start the motor.
>>Where dies there require a feel for spark plug wires? It should be a simply
>>bolt on task, right?

(Nology said)
>HotWires are not "just" plug wires, HotWires is a complete high performance
>ignition system and the extra fuel, that can be ignited by a hotter spark,
>will make more horsepower. However, sometimes the factory fuel injection
>takes a little time to recalibrate. Data acquisition with an exhaust gas
>analyzer during the dyno run would show if the fuel air ratio is optimum
>for making extra horsepower. Furthermore, some engines require a different
>timing setting to increase maximum horsepower, others need a different
>timing setting to increase mid-range horsepower and torque. A more advanced
>timing will always make less horsepower.

>>And for the coil amp, connect the 2 wires?

>That is correct. Straight forward!

>>change the revs at a certain speed without changing the drive ratio!

>You are absolutely correct! I have not spoken with Mr.Wu if he actually
>wrote that. The magazines usually edit any story submitted to them,
>however, you are right. At the very best it should have read that he had to
>depress the accelerator less to reach the same speed.

>Sorry, I or Ulf, was not available to talk to you some days a can't get of
>the phone. Please keep trying and ask for me.
>Of course you can come by our shop whenever you feel like it. On Saturday
>we will have a tech session at our shop and following an installation and
>before and after test on the dyno at Group 5, on Miramar Road. The guy's
>from Boost magazine will supply the car. Please call if you would like to
>come.
>
>Werner Funk

I wish *I* could supply the car! :)

So, with this in mind, it looks like I will be going to their shop on
saturday to learn the secrets of unleashing the hidden power of the Nology
system!!

More to follow.....

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi