Re: NOLOGY DYNO TEST!

At 06:29 PM 7/5/97 +0800, you wrote:
>If it does provide a bigger spark, and therefore more HP at lower
>revs, that would explain smoother idle and increased responsiveness.
>What needs to be understood is how the spark is dropping off at higher

>revs, robbing the HP.   More HP at idle is just what you want for the
>$$$, not?  Oh, I guess not :)
>
>Rick
>hugacub@whidbey.net
>Richard.Lackner@entex.com
>85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
>Everett, WA

Hmm, you said something which may be the whole key here. I fully
believe that at idle, the Nology system is putting out a much hotter
spark than stock wires. The engine runs much better ect but at higher
RPM's, the energy going to the wires is for some reason, much less or,
low enough to dramatically hurt performance. Ive been thinking on this
topic today and it all really makes perfect sence. The Nology system is
an idle system only. Simple as that. Any engine load alters how the
system performs. Im my dyno's case, for less power.
Since the coil amp "boosts" coil output by 50% then any slight drop in
the coils output will be magnified. Right? But we have basically proven
that even if one of our coil were bad, we both roughly has a 2hp loss
with 2 completely different engines. So, I cant blame the coils output
as a basic failure. Maybe the general coil output drop under higher
rpms is snowballing the low Nology wires output? That sounds damn good
to me.
Ah, I dunno. I do know its interesting enough to make me think on it
for a whole day.

 Shawn
 86' Jetta GLi
 82' Scirocco GTi
 The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
 best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!!!