Re: NOLOGY DYNO TEST!

On  5 Jul 97 at 18:30, I.Mannix wrote:

> >Why? Im not enough of an electrition to know why it makes things
> >run smoother at idle yet kills 2 ponies?
>
> Nor am I, but the smoother idle has something to do with the bigger
> spark - the spark *is* bigger with Nwires, bigger and shorter.  More
> gets burned at idle, but what happens at high RPM?  Maybe the spark
> is not burning enough. Maybe?  I don't know.  More spark will result
> in better idle.  Why less power.  Hmm, thinking, see if I can pull
> something out of something. Shrug.  Dunno.  I'll ask a friend -
> there's an answer.

If it does provide a bigger spark, and therefore more HP at lower
revs, that would explain smoother idle and increased responsiveness.
What needs to be understood is how the spark is dropping off at higher
revs, robbing the HP.   More HP at idle is just what you want for the
$$$, not?  Oh, I guess not :)

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com