Followup on Fusebox/Windshield Leak

OK, I disconnected the battery, but prior to doing so (and don't ask me why
I did this...) I started it up. No problems. Turned it off - problem. Took
the key out, and the engine was still running. Started pulling at relays,
hoping for the fuel pump, and it finally stopped. The relay I pulled was not
the fuel pump relay, I dunno which one it was. The Part # is 89 6317, it has
4 pins, and connects terminals 31, 31b & 51. Anyhow, when I pulled it, it
made a splashing noise - the relay box was full of water. Upon inspection of
the relay, it has some mechanical device in it - a spring is hooked up to
some sort of flapper - is it the intermittent wiper relay? I have a buddy
who is bringing me some sorta stuff to spray it with to dry it out, but I'm
just a bit leery of putting it back in...

Which relay is this, and does it explain why the car kept on going after I
turned the ignition off and removed the key? Is it most likely that the
water is coming through the windshield seal, or are there other spots that
leaks can come from?

Thanks in advance!