Leaky window/fusebox woes

After the mother of all thunderstorms here this morning, I went to take the
car out for a drive. When I got in, the alternator idiot light, and oil
pressure light were on, and the stereo was lit up. Checked the fusebox, and
sure enough, there were drops of water hanging off some relays... (grrrr) I
subsequently checked the rubber was pretty rotten underneath the outer seal.

On Monday, I'll take it in to a glass shop so that they can redo the seal,
but with my room-mate's boat (Impala 'vert) in the garage, I can't do too
much to keep the 'roc out of the rain.

My question is this:  Should I disconnect the battery until monday? Every
few seconds, I hear a faint 'sizzling' sound from the fusebox area. Yikes!
How concerned should I be about an electrical fire?

Help!

Greg