Re: Gear oil

I have used Redline in all of the 6 prior VW's I've owned and would never go
back to a non-synthetic product. I just rebuilt my sister-in-law's 84 GTI
trans (formerly my car) and my source was out of Redline. The only thing I
could find was Amsoil, which I ended up using. I couldn't tell a difference
between the two, so I can say either is likely to be equally good. I've used
Mobil 1 motor oil forever and would guess their gear oil would be excellent,
as well. I've just never found it to try it out.

Todd

78 Scirocco (former SCCA ITC car, currently under restoration as a street
car)
88 M3
82 RX-7
84 Camry

past: Scirocco's- 77,79,81,85/ 90 Jetta/ 84 GTI