Re: smoke

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, scirocco boy wrote:

> I need some serious help here. While idling, i noticed smoked coming out of my vents where the defroster is. Anybody know why. Is it the heater core?
>
> seth rife

This is my experience with smoke coming out the dash, it was my 78
Rabbit's Fuse Box doing a nuclearmelt down....possibly what is
happening...(this was a problem on the 81 and older roccos...something
about water running down the radio antenna wire and into the back of the
fuse box..VW had a recall on the antenna seals or something...) To see if
this is true, try pulling the fuse box down and checking for burnt wires
or melting of the box(would be a good idea to clean the connectors in the
back of the box too...)...

I have no idea if a cracked heater core would smoke, usually there is the
telltale puddle on the passenger floor....

Anybody else??.....

Well just my input......

I\Iight Shado\/\/