Re: Stalling problems

Check your vacuum lines, any lose or leaking fittings/lines
would cuase your ar idle to vary or stall if it gets worse your car
may not even start. Had this problem on my scirroco the hose
comming from the manifold to the auxilary air stabilizer had a
small pin hole init which caused my car to stall at traffic lights.
This went unnoticed mostly becuase its behind the manifold.

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997 23:25:57 +0100, VanAm wrote:

>> My 'rocco has let me down again.  It just keeps stalling at
every
>> light or stop sign.  I tried to raise the RPM. It doesn't stall
>> anymore but the car is Ideling at 2500.
>
>I just had this same problem.  The car idled fine at startup
when
>cold, but when I starting driving at come to stop signs, it would
>idle at 2500 like yours is, because I too had the idle turned up
>so it wouldn't keep stalling.  Well, you say you've already
changed
>the fuel filter, so check for any broken or disconnected wires.
On the