RE:Stalling Problems

I had the same problem when my distributor went bad.  Basically the bearings
in the center that kept the cam steady (it was breaker points, but who
knows.... ?) went bad and you could wiggle the shaft all around.  When I
dropped below 2000 RPM the cat would stall.  This also happened when I went
to a sport distributor... I had to go back to stock.

On another note.....
Just to let you guys know I'll be putting a GolfGTi 16v up for sale in a
month or two.  It's black, has over 100+ miles (although the odo only says
70+, it had to be replaced after some *&^&%^%*^*('s stole a tape player that
was crap anyway) and it runs like a gem.  No accidents, no major repairs
(not even a water pump).  I'm selling it becuase.... I JUST GOTTA GET A
VR6... (drool).

heh.
a.