Re: Hesitation/Jerky acceleration

Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> Ok i know this is one of those things that could be attributed to at least 20
> things but I'm going to ask anyway (if anyone has a few good ideas let me
> know..)
>
> Sometimes my car sputters and jerks mildly when accelerating.  They arent
> violent jerks, and it doesnt really hamper my acceleration but i know it is
> not right.  I can hear irregular 'popping' comming out of the exaust which
> makes me think one of my cylinders is working on/off.
>
> Just off the top of anyones head - does this sound like bad spark plugs or
> fule injectors? Maybe a vaccume leak?
> Thanks for any ideas

It sounds to me like one of your motor mounts (front/rear) is going
bad.  If they go
bad you will get pretty crappy acceleration and you exhaust would get
rocked pretty hard which could be coming loose at the manifold because
of it.  Just open the hood and with the e-brake on put the engine into
gear and see how much the engine rises and jerks.  Jay and I did this
last Summer on his car and DAMN! his engine POPPED up and down like
mad!
Josh Clark