Re: Alarm recommendations for 16v?

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Tim Ebling wrote:

> In the meantime, I'm considering getting a box that will flash that
> LED when the key is out (i.e. fake alarm).

Buy a 5V flashing LED with a plastic slip case (about $1-2); buy a 5V
voltage regulator (about $1-2); take the cover off your unused slot
below the defog switch and drill a hole, slide the LED in there, looks
nice and lovely; expose the 12V power wire from the flasher switch, wrap
a wire around it, then cover with tape, run that wire to the input of the
regulator, connect the output of the regulator to one leg of the LED; run
the other leg of the LED with a wire to ground (any exposed metal part
around the cluster); my god, you have a flashing LED. If you want to get
a bit more fancy, you can also have a switch between LED and ground and
turn the puppy off whenever you wish.

Ilias