Alarm recommendations for 16v?

My car used to have an alarm in it (now I know this for sure), but the
former owner removed it (except for that LED in the dash).

Does anyone have an alarm system they can recommend for a car without
the power package (no PDL or PW)?  My CD player is a detachable face,
but I don't think that's going to deter anyone.

In the meantime, I'm considering getting a box that will flash that
LED when the key is out (i.e. fake alarm).

Tim