Re: GOT MY 'ROCCO!-tranny

At 08:29 AM 2/28/97 -0700, you wrote:

> [...]

I paid $300 for an alegidly rebuilt "4K". Now im gonna have to shell out
another $400 to actually have the job done right AND gain a few of the gears I
was soposed to have. Know exactly what your getting so you dont go through this
crap i've been going through. (Waiting for the rain to stop so I can go drop
the tranny, again...)

>>regardless, $400 seems a little steep, though. I've picked up decent '84
>>GTi trannys for as little as $150.
>>

>Even for a rebuilt transmission?  I think it is a good deal for a 4k that
>is not going to blow up/self machine.  If this was included in the rebuild,
>I think it is a wise investment.  Keep in mind that NJ is unusually low in
>price for all of this stuff, too - I don't know where this message
>originated, but everywhere I've looked, 4Ks are $250ish in the
>paper/junkyards for a non-rebuilt (meaning it is going to self machine
>about a week after it goes in the car - the luck of suck).  Anyhow.

True, true! You know, if you do it right, you wont have any problems with it
for a very long time. (I thought I was)

Shawn