Re: Alarm recommendations for 16v?

At 11:43 AM 2/28/97 -0800, you wrote:

>My car used to have an alarm in it (now I know this for sure), but the
>former owner removed it (except for that LED in the dash).
>
>Does anyone have an alarm system they can recommend for a car without
>the power package (no PDL or PW)?  My CD player is a detachable face,
>but I don't think that's going to deter anyone.
>
>In the meantime, I'm considering getting a box that will flash that
>LED when the key is out (i.e. fake alarm).

Heres the thing about car alarms, They're useless!! They're a waste of money!!
They add to the trouble only for the owner/driver!! They're largely ignored!!
They bug people!!

If you really want to keep somebody from taking your car, you better sit in it
24/7 and be well armed. If somebody wants it bad enough, its gone.

If you want to maximize its recoverability, put on a "Lojack" <SP> on the car so
you can at least get it back within a day or two.
Something that im considering, is an alarm system that pages me. No alarm, no
noise, I can go out and cap the bastards, drag them in my house and make it all
look like self defence. Well, not really, its secterly what everybody wishes we
could do!

I really like the fake alarm systems. Im not talking about the fake stickers in
the window, thieves cant/dont read anyways. Seeing a flashing light makes them
think about it and thats all it takes for them to pass it up and move onto an
easier victim. The more difficult you make it for them, the more likely the lazy
or unexperienced thief will pass on it. Im counting on this to happen. Ive given
up on them taking my car. Like I said before, if they want it, they WILL get it.
I want to make it as difficult for them to steal while not making using my car
any more difficult for myself.
Its bad enough I have to use wheel locks to keep my wheels from dissapearing
while im at the mall. Our GLO Jetta got the 17" wheels stolen right in front my
bosses house in Orange, Ca. It had no wheel locks on it. (They were caught in the
act. damn Kids.) Thats something to at least consider.

Shawn