Re: Gauges?

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Ilias Glavinas wrote:

> If somebody ever manages to fit 3 more gauges to the Scirocco-II center
> console and it looks 'stocky' enough, please let me know. I have a
> dremmel tool which will let me shape anything into whatever I want, but I
> think there is simply not enough space for more gauges without making the
> interior look silly.

OK, I just had an idea.  You could line up a few more guages vertically to
the right of the center console.  It would require scratch-building a
baffle to hold them, and probably another panel to hid the wiring and
whatnot, but I bet it could be done quite convincingly with a little
effort and creativity.

You could probably get 3 more guages this way.  I would angle them
towards the driver's seat by 20 or 30 degrees.  To match it up with the
interior you'd have to use black vinyl or a matching-texture plastic,
neither of which are particularly difficult to work with.  You could
construct the housing out of 1/8" MDF (if such a thing exists), or .080"
plastic (available at hobby stores), or I suppose you could do it in steel
or aluminum.

Whaddaya think?

----
"So groovy I dig me...."