Re: Stock 16v Sways <HELP>

At 09:34 AM 2/18/97 EST, you wrote:

>     Questions.  Would a ??/28mm sway bar correct my problems with my set
>     up by 1) Stiffening everything up perhaps preventing sway causing the
>     wheel rub in corners?  Thereby making my 16's acceptable.  Or should I
>     ditch the 16's, put my inner fender guards back on and run the
>     teardrops?

I think a 28mm rear bar might help with the rubbing however it wont
completely stop it. The problem you may be having in the corners is
compressability of the springs. Stock springs will give much more up
fromt, allowing the fender to rub. Thats in conjunction with the
thinner front swaybar up front. If you went to the 22mm front and the
28mm rear, that should control and possibly elliminate much of the rub
that your experiencing.
You could also upgrade to a stiffer front spring and shock, but that
would add to ride harshness. Adding swaybars wont effect the quality of
the ride, just cornering which im sure you would only appreciate more.

Shawn