Engine cleaning

I think Shawn mentioned the importance of having a clean engine
compartment.  I agree since I'd like to see where some of my oil leaks are
springing from, in addition to not having my arms covered in old dinosaur
juice everytimg I open the hood.

So, where does one go to get their engine steam cleaned?  Any dangers in
steam cleaning?  I assume that there is a jet of steam that someone passes
over the motor and all the grease magically melts away?

I guess there is the Gunk or Simple Green route but I don't feel
comfortable about washing all that grease down the storm drains
(essentially pouring a couple of quarts of dirty oil down the drain).  So
what do you guys do to keep that "clean enough to eat off of" look?

benton--------