Re: Updating problems...

On Mon, 10 Feb 1997, Brandon Sommerville wrote:

<snip>

> My coolant temp gage is shot.  It reads an overheating temp even when I put
> the key in in the morning.  Sigh, and to think I wasted a free 70 km tow on
> the damned thing because I thought the engine was overheating.  I HATE being
> mechanically illiterate.

<snip>

> My wipers (front and back) and rear defogger decided to stop working.  Is
> the wiper relay the very long one?  I heard some buzzing from under the
> dash, we removed that relay and the buzzing stopped.  The wipers work on
> high but not on low or intermittent, and they don't come on when the spray
> is activated.

I don't have an immediate answer, but my temp guage has (in the past) done
the same thing.  I also have a buzzing relay problem; the turn signal relay
starts buzzing madly and at the same time my tach/temp guage/fuel guage
stop working altogether.  I'm thinking it's the typical A1 zapped fuse
board thing - it's being fixed tomorrow; I'll ask them exactly what the
deal was.

Kevin Wenzel                                                           KB0MQM
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC        http://www.privateI.com/
Colorado ISP/C Area Representative                       http://www.ispc.org/
_____kwenzel@privateI.com_____kwenzel@ispc.org_____Pager: 1-800-716-2316_____