Re: Project Scirocco

<<<I have a friend who's seen a black-dyed headliner in a white scirocco.
He says it's the cat's ass, but since I've never seen it myself I can't
say....I think it might look good, although I think it would also make the
interior seem more cramped.  >>>

Well I think I have decided on  a black headliner.  We had a Silver 97 M3
in the shop today, with an all black interior ... headliner too. I liked
the look .... so black it is.  I just wish I could have the M3, but maybe
in a couple of years.  I know, I know bring on the flames ;-)

<<<The headliner is HARD AS HELL!!  I would get an apholsterer (sp?) to do
it.
Anyway taking out and putting the windows back in was a pain is the butt.
Jay and I did it on his car this Summer in black and it looks great (except
for the half assed job =)  It was VERY hard to stretch it without wrinkles
and making it stay correctly while putting the rear windows/windshield bakc
in was a big pain. >>>

I agree the headliner is a pain in the ass.  I replaced the headliner in 2
of my former GTI's.  It was no piece of cake. But the GTI was easier than
the Scirocco.  At least the GTI has a cardboard liner to attach the
headliner to.  The Scirocco is sewn and stretched into place..... I'm not
really looking forward to it.  As far as an upholsterer goes, we do it all
at my shop.... Car stereo, alarms, power roofs, leather interior,
accessories, wheels you name it.  If it's 12V related we can do it.  So at
least I'm covered there.  It's just a matter of making the time to do it
.... I guess I'll be in on one of my off Saturdays,... oh well.

Well I do have to get back to work now, I just setup the computers at work
to dial in to my ISP.  Now I can surf at work too .... Cool ;-)

Later,
-Gene