Re: Digital RPM meter.

On  7 Feb 97 at 1:58, Domenic Lippolis wrote:

>         I would think that off the primary you would get 1 pulse
>         each time
> the plug fires  and therefore each time the motor turns one
> revolution. Because with each revolution one of the cylinders will
> be firing.  I am quite positive there are no "dead turns" with the
> VW 4 cylinders.

Aren't you trying to say that during each revolution all 4 plugs will
fire?  Therefore, you'd get 4 pulses per revolution from the primary
or the hall sender.  So if you take it off one of those, you need to
divide by four to get one revolution.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA