Re: Digital RPM meter.

At 04:02 PM 2/7/97 +0800, you wrote:

>Aren't you trying to say that during each revolution all 4 plugs will
>fire?  Therefore, you'd get 4 pulses per revolution from the primary
>or the hall sender.  So if you take it off one of those, you need to
>divide by four to get one revolution.
>

>Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
>85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
>Oak Harbor, WA
>(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)

        Let me think this out further..
        4 stroke motor means that for each time the motor (at the crank)
turns 2 times there is one cycle complete.  So if your distributor is
turning at half the engine speed so that the timing is right.  That means
that the motor does two revolutions by the time 4 pulses are recorded.
Therefore every 4 pulses equals 2 revolutions of the crankshaft.
        I was wrong the first time, but am pretty sure I am right now..
        Anybody??

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6