Re: Digital RPM meter.

4 pulses per revolution.  As to building the RPM meter you can
get a frequency counter all in one chip from digikey electronics
cheap 10.00$ or less.  BTW some things may be fun to build
yourself but other things aren't really worth the trouble.  You can
get a digital RPM gauge from JC whitney for under 40.00$.
Furthermore the resolution you get from a digital guage really
isn't better than 10 RPM.  A cheap way to go would be to add
to a handheld meter a frequency to voltage converter and use
that as a digital rpm meter.

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997 16:02:30 +0800, Lisa & Rick wrote:

>On  7 Feb 97 at 1:58, Domenic Lippolis wrote:
>
>>         I would think that off the primary you would get 1 pulse
>>         each time
>> the plug fires  and therefore each time the motor turns one
>> revolution. Because with each revolution one of the
cylinders will