Re: Project Scirocco ---Car Color

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Vigus wrote:

> 	Tell me, what does everyone think about painting a MkII scirocco a
> really dark metallic green.  This is an idea that I have been toying with
> for some time now...:)

I think it would look great (whoever posted about scratches on darker colors
is right, though) - I've been thinking about painting mine dark green with
two yellow racing stripes down the middle of the car (at the risk of
suffering too many "yellow stripe down your back" jokes).  I wouldn't paint
the stripes on - I have a friend who does race car graphics and can do vinyl
for me, so I could change my mind about that later.  I've also been thinking
about a dark metallic grey with red stripes.  I've seen some Audis with that
color (not the stripes), but can't find any now that I want to paint it.

Kevin Wenzel                                                           KB0MQM
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC        http://www.privateI.com/
Colorado ISP/C Area Representative                       http://www.ispc.org/
_____kwenzel@privateI.com_____kwenzel@ispc.org_____Pager: 1-800-716-2316_____