Re: Project Scirocco ---Car Color

<<
 > 	Tell me, what does everyone think about painting a MkII scirocco a
 > really dark metallic green.  This is an idea that I have been toying with
 > for some time now...:)
 >
 > Adam

Don't paint it dark green, it would look terrible...trust me. Besides, you'd
be stealing my later-to-be-color and I'm totally selfish. I want to have the
only very-classy-looking dark green Scirocco in existance.
Okay, sarcasm aside, I've given it some serious thought for quite a while now
and dark green is one of my top choices for my current project 78 Scirocco.
Specifically, the deep green of the 96 Saturns. A slightly lighter-shade
option is the dark green of the 96 Dodge Stratus and Caravan. Anyhow, just my
opinion, but I think it would be a great color choice. There are a lot of
other greens out there, too, but the Saturn color is about the darkest
factory color I've seen.
Regardless of the color you do choose, I would strongly recommend using a
factory color that has been available on some production vehicle within the
last few years. If you ever need collision repair done it makes it much
easier to get a correct color match. If you have a custom color mixed, keep
the formula for the same reason.

Todd