Re: Project Scirocco ---Car Color

At 08:51 PM 2/6/97 -0800, you wrote:

>> My vote is the Midnight Blue. Im kinda sick of Yellow Scirocco's. I kinda
>> prefer to see a Scirocco painted a unique color. (Not that Blue is one) I
>> almost bought a MK-I Scirocco that was midnight Blue and it looked simply
>>  beautiful on that car!
>
>	Tell me, what does everyone think about painting a MkII scirocco a
>really dark metallic green.  This is an idea that I have been toying with
>for some time now...:)
>
>Adam

        I was thinking of doing that to my 80 scirocco but it is originally
Mars Red and I think that the colors would look crappy if I didn't paint the
insides too.
        I have had the scirocco two years now and I still can't decide what
to do with the paint.  As much as I hate to admit it, the 'rocco is sporting
the multi color look and primer just doesn't repel rust very well.  Plus it
is like a donut magnet, I was getting pulled over all the time for a while.
My friend who is a cop in town says that he would pull me over if he didn't
know me!
        I think that I am going to just paint it the Mars Red again, plus
when people ask me what color my car is I can tell them "Mars Rot."

        Oh yah, I would paint it dark metalic green as long as you paint the
insides too (under the hood and trunk, etc.)

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja