Re: Digital RPM meter.

  At 09:19 AM 2/6/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I'm building a digital RPM meter.  Easy stuff for me, but I need to
>know where exacly is the frequency at which the engine revs.
>
>Would it be the primary of the coil?  Or the hall sender?  Please
>help.
>
>If anybody done this, maybe we can exchange ideas/experiences.
>
>Frank

        I would think that off the primary you would get 1 pulse each time
the plug fires  and therefore each time the motor turns one revolution.
Because with each revolution one of the cylinders will be firing.  I am
quite positive there are no "dead turns" with the VW 4 cylinders.

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S
					1983 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
					1986 Kawasaki 600 Ninja