Re: Project Scirocco ---Car Color

At 01:44 PM 2/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, VanAm wrote:
>
>> > between 2 colors right now ..... Screaming Yellow and Midnight Blue .

My vote is the Midnight Blue. Im kinda sick of Yellow Scirocco's. I kinda
prefer to see a Scirocco painted a unique color. (Not that Blue is one) I
almost bought a MK-I Scirocco that was midnight Blue and it looked simply
 beautiful on that car!

>What you would get tired of is the blue and red flashing in your rearview
>every time you exceeded the speed limit.  My friend has a Ferrari-yellow
>Zender widebody Scirocco and the cops LOVE him.  They can see him coming
>from miles away, and never give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.
>Great looking color but you've got to ask yourself whether or not it's
>worth being a target....

Thats the main reason I painted my car the Maita Blue. Up close it looks racey,
at a distance, it looks like any other car driving down the road. Kinda
stealthy, in a way. The main reason is that I havent seen a Scirocco painted
that color. I like to be different. Since then I have only seen one othr VW
that color. I think it is an 84 GTi........

Shawn