Re: Re[2]: VW; drying up? Uh-Huh?.....unh-uhh!

On  5 Feb 97 at 22:48, VWcrazyTim@aol.com wrote:

> You know, for me, if I was to buy a Passat, I would buy one of the
> old bodystyle!  I think they just look so tough.  AND, you don't see
> as many of them aound.  Ahhh, mine would be green with tan leather,
> BBS, VR6 (go figure...) and I would trick it out to the max!!  I
> WOULD honestly get one of those Passats before the BMW (great price
> and performance!!  What more can you ask for?)

I'll tell you what.....after driving that 90 Passat loaner car the
other week, I'm tempted to pick one up.  I've never driven a car that
was meant to be a luxury car that handled the way that did.  I was
extremely impressed and that car showed me the diversity in VW's
engineering.

I figure if things keep going the way they have with the Rocco, I'll
need a second car as a backup, and a Passat would be just great in my
mind.  In fact, it would be better for me as my primary car for work.
I could use that huge trunk and back seat to haul all theose 'puter
parts around :)  Plus the idea of riding in luxury has it's appeal :)

It's just that it so hard to give up driving the Rocco day in, day
out.  It's such a gas!!!!  But the Passat wouldn't be much less fun.
I need to drive a manual trans one though.......that auto trans
sucked in a big way!  It was hard to gauge the 16V's power with that
power-sucker tranny !!  It was nice in the traffic jams tho :)

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)