Re: Anybody done a stroker 2.2? (somwehat long)

At 08:22 PM 2/4/97 +0500, Chris Taylor wrote:
>I believe that the 2.1L kit costs about....$1300-$1500?  2.2L is well over
>$2000.

Well over $2K is an under statement...try about about $6K+ (includes all
those little extras everybody forgets hoses, wires...it does include a new
block, new head (port/polish), valves, pistons, rod, cams, etc ...also this
is with them installing...installation being only about $1K for everything
on my list)

>Brospeed certainly looks nice.  If you get a header of anykind, make sure
>it's ceramic coated.  What's HPC?  TT downpipe w/ ported manifold is not too
>shabby either.

HPC is ceramic coating...They use HPC (High Performance Coating) out of CT?
Sorry for the confusion...My mind is "racing" with all the options...(pun
intended :-)

>No offense to those of you w/ Boge (Brady), but my impression of them is
>that they are for the *thrifty* modifier.  Not as expensive, but then again,
>not as nice.  They are, however, a light year better than stock.  I'm just
>saying that if' youre spending the cash that your are on the engine, you'd
>might as well be consistent and get those Bilsteins.  If you do get Boges,
>get Boge Progas.  Not turbo.  Way too soft for your needs.

At this point I'm looking at way past thrifty...still less than a new VR6 :-)
I'm pretty much sold on the bilstein.