Re: Anybody done a stroker 2.2? (somwehat long)

>I intend to stay with the 8v as I really want low to mid performance vs.
>just at the upper end of the RPM scale. Their 2.0l 8v "tall block"
>w/hydraulic head is a definite but I am really leaning towards building a
>"stroker" which would net me a 2.2l. They claim 150HP for the 2.0l...I
>figure I should see at least 160HP out of the 2.2l. Anyone seen/have
>opinions on the 2.2l "stroker"?

I believe that the 2.1L kit costs about....$1300-$1500?  2.2L is well over
$2000.

>(My first thought on NOS has always been .... cool! but not in my car)

Same.  First and only thoughts.

>I will also have them doing exhaust. They are thinking techtonics downpipe
>with std. manifold but it depends if the brospeed header can clear then I'll
>go with it (they are REALLY nice units..HPC coated and all). Anyone have the
>brospeed?

Brospeed certainly looks nice.  If you get a header of anykind, make sure
it's ceramic coated.  What's HPC?  TT downpipe w/ ported manifold is not too
shabby either.

>As for suspension I'm looking at doing 200lbs springs up front and 120lbs in
>the rear with Bilstein HD all around. How are the BOGE?

No offense to those of you w/ Boge (Brady), but my impression of them is
that they are for the *thrifty* modifier.  Not as expensive, but then again,
not as nice.  They are, however, a light year better than stock.  I'm just
saying that if' youre spending the cash that your are on the engine, you'd
might as well be consistent and get those Bilsteins.  If you do get Boges,
get Boge Progas.  Not turbo.  Way too soft for your needs.

>Thanks a bunch and will keep you all posted on progress as I will probably
>start the whole process within a week or so!

Cant wait to hear!

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

      Virginia Polytechnic Institute