Re: Project Scirocco ---Carpet, Interior, Sunroof ......

>>Hey I know I've heard of powering the manual tilt/slide roof with a motor
>>from an Audi 4000.  Has anyone done this ?  I'd like to know just what
>>parts are needed.
>
>I've heard of it too.  A friend of mine here at Va Tech, Danny-boy Ruddick,
>has a power sunroof.  I recall asking him if if was from an Audi.  I don't
>remember what you said, Dan!  Is it?  I'm almost positive that Scirocco's
>were not offered w/ power sunroofs.

        Yeah, Chris, I got the motor/switch assembly out of a Audi 4000.
The Volkswagon Quantum will work too, but I like the cover from the Audi
better.  You only need the motor and the switch.  Installing the motor will
take steady nerves and metal cutting tools, as you have to trim out a fair
bit of metal from you roof, and once you start, you have to finish because
you've trashed your headliner around the crank.  You'll also want to be sure
that your sunroof is still aligned, or the motor will not like opening it.

Dan