Re: Moving the Battery

> Anyone done this?  Anyone seen this done?
>
> I think that the intercooler would fit better if I had the battery moved
to the
> rear.  However, would I lose a NOTICABLE amount of voltage, due to the
longer
> distance the current has to travel?

Where are you planning on putting the intercooler?   How would moving the
battery help?  It shouldn't be that hard.  You just need some very thick and
heavy wiring and to drill a big hole in the fire wall to fit the stuff
through.  I'm not sure what the guage should be, that depends on where it's
mounted.  There should be a faq about it on Jan's page.  It's supposed to
help with weight distribution but it probably won't be that noticeable.

> Also, what are the autox rules for this?

You're putting a G60 in a Scirocco and you're worried about autocross rules
for moving a battery??!!
=)  Many people in Prepared do this I noticed

--
Josh Clark