Moving the Battery

Anyone done this?  Anyone seen this done?

I think that the intercooler would fit better if I had the battery moved to
the rear.  However, would I lose a NOTICABLE amount of voltage, due to the
longer distance the current has to travel?

Also, what are the autox rules for this?  Does it have to be in some
enclosure?  Where would you guys recommend I put this?  I'm thinking of
putting it behind my passenger seat.  I don't really want to put it in the
trunk because I have to put my rear seats down alot for my snowboard.

Thanks for any info,

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be

      Virginia Polytechnic Institute