[SCCA]HELLO AND THANKS

---johnag@gglbbs.com wrote:

> Hello everyone...My name is John A-G and am new to the list. I want to
> thank everyone for letting me eaves-drop on their Scirocco talk. I am
> an eleven-year VW user beginning with an A-1 Scirocco, than an A-2
Golf
> and currently using a 94 Jetta GL.  Yes, I am the poor guy to whom
> everyone so graciously gave suggestions on how to (successfully?)
> campaign the Jetta in H-Stock. I am very serious about doing my best
in
> the Jetta. I know it is big and slow, but I really love the car.
>
> The suggestions that I have taken to heart and plan to implement by
> spring are:
>
> 1.     New front sway bar. The biggest commercial bar I can find is
> 25mm. Anyone know of anything larger?
> 2.     New adjustable Konis
> 3.     Autocrossing Tires. Probably Yokohomas.
> 4.     New K&N Air Filter
> 5.     Get rid of any extra weight (like emptying glove box--probably
> 10 lbs there; spare tire - both the car's and mine; etc.)

In addition to everything discussed thus far, I will pass on what I
have gathered;

*  Custom Alignment like -1.5 neg camber up front w/ 1/16" toe out
*  Go with the BFG R1 in a 14" config w/205.55.14

My E-Stock Scirocco will be set up for this spring as follows;

  -2 degrees negative front camber
  1/16" toe out
  rear alignment is 100% 'dead on' factory after 117k miles
  Largest Neuspeed Front Sway-bar 22mm
  Stock rear sway bar
  Stock Springs
  Koni Adjustables shocks all 4 corners
  K&N Filter
  Schroth Harness
  14" (still need wheels!!) BFG R1 205.55.14
  maybe that 1" smaller steering wheel
  maybe 4mm wheel spacers (Jim Where did you get yours????)

One of these days I would like to check Jim Bucks dual front swaybar
setup out, when I feel like making the 3.5hr drive.  That is if Jim
will have me :-).

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan