Re: MPG figures

From: Jason <jtcst20+@pitt.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 23:09:40 +0000
Subject: Re: [Need Your Efficiency]

I'd like to see what a good cross section is of fuel efficiency of people
on the list for their rocco's...

>I'd also like to know what everyone else gets, so please post to the
list,
>too!

I'm getting about 35 MPG in freeway driving - averaging 65 MPH.  If I run
about 72, It drops to about 29 MPG....  This is in my '86 16v.  Also, I
used to get about 40 MPG in an '86 8v I used to own - completely stock.
(Never should have sold that car...)

	OOohh, and speaking of oil.  A friend of mine did my last oil
change,
while I was going the brakes.  I checked the oil before I left last week,
and I was like 3/4 of a quart over.  Besides from beating the shit out of
my friend, what should I do?  I've already gone 2500 miles on the oil...
and I'm going to change it in another 1000 or so, but should I drain some
out? (Talk about a messy job!)

Hmmmm, sounds like what happened to my 16v when I got it.  The previous
owner was selling it because he thought he blew the head gasket - just
barely ran and smoked a lot.  I picked it up for $800, trailered it home,
and drained 7 1/2 quarts of oil out of the car.  That was the only thing
wrong with the car, it has run great ever since.

My $.02

Daun