Re: HELLO AND THANKS

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:34:19 EST HCharvat <HCharvat@aol.com> writes:

>Hey John, be careful with the size of the front bar on your car.  A 25mm
may
>be just fine if your running a 28mm in the rear.  If you increase the
size of
>the front bar without doing the same in the rear you will increase the
amount
>of push in the car.

Uh, no. Not on a car with No rear bar, which is not allowed to be added
in stock class.

>The yoko's are good tires.  The new AO32's are pretty good (and last a
long
>time), but talk to some people in your class and look into the BFG's and
the
>Hoosiers.  Yokohama tested the Hoosiers on a road course and found them
to be
>1.5 seconds faster than the AO32's(per my source at yokohama)!
>Good luck!
>Hugh Charvat

Don't forget about the Kuhmo tire. Im seeing alot of discussion about
this tire and its all been good including the part where its about as
good as the R1, costs less and lasts longer.. I wouldn't even consider
the AO32. The hoosier is probably the BEST tire available  on the market
for autox use, IMHO. The only major drawback is they wear out much faster
and cost a bit more than the BFG's or Yoko's. If your gonna get Yoko's,
get the A008RSII's if you can find them in your size. I've seen the
AO32's on the course and they are just too hard a compound to be
effective on the autox course. They build up heat too slow to be
effective, IMHO.

HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and