Re: [to everyone] how low r u?

>It is really not that much more money - none of this Avo crap, that's
>overpriced.  Ground Control sells a functional coilover conversion for $395
>including springs(4 perches/hats/springs), plus you'd need about $50 in
>labor to get the collars welded on.  $200 more than Neuspeed "Race"
>springs, give or take.   This would give you the "stiff" ride you

Give or take, in Jason's and my case, means about $400CDN.  I priced both
options out, and to put the GC conversion on my Konis would have been about
$800CDN, plus or minus $50, incl. installation.  The Neuspeed Race I got
for $378 before tax, plus $100 installation.  Our dollar is in the toilet
right now, hovering at about 70 cents US, so to mail order something from
the states will cost a bundle.  For these reasons I went with the Race
springs, and have to say I love them.  Ride actually got better, compared
to the Spax 'lowering' springs I had before, and wheel/fender conflict has
pretty much disappeared (I have 205/45/16 tires on 7.5" rims).  This is a
very streetable setup for where I live, since there aren't many potholes
and most roads are fairly smooth.

AFAIK, the price up here for replacement 2.5" springs is around $400; these
are Eibach btw.  Not as cheap as I had thought, so unless you're really
into playing with spring rates (or need to play with spring rates to be
competetive), I don't see a good reason to convert to coilovers.  If you
are campaigning the car, Mannix told me something interesting about the
Race springs.  Since they only have 3 active coils, under extreme loads the
spring compressess 100% and the rate goes to infinity, more or less.  I
don't see how this could happen with anything other than R compound tires
though, so if you only use street tires you should be ok.

Also, Koni gives you instructions with their shocks on how to cut down
stock bump stops...I can't remember what they said though.

Hey Mannix, how did you clearance your fenders?  I know Andre used a
grinder to cut away the metal, but a lot of people use a baseball bat or
similar to roll the metal out.  Did you manage to keep your plastic
wheelwell liners?