Re: [to everyone] how low r u?

On Sat, 27 Dec 1997 20:58:33 -0800 the mad bastard <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:
>--------snip---------
>of the posts and peoples I have talk ed to, it looks like I'll be going
>for a set of Koni adjustables (too bad they only adjust rear height...)
>and probably some H&R race springs.  I want a _STIFF_ ride.  More
>specifically, I want a __LOW__ _STIFF_ ride.

You could go with Shrine springs. They come as stiff as you want them and
at $65 each a real bargain. (Don't quote me on that, I forget what the
web page says for sure. Its something like $65 each for the front and $55
each for the rear spring.)
Then you can get a set of lowering spring seat hats from Velocity. Maybe
the Potterman sells them too, I dunno. That ought to give you that
slammed look your after.

>	And so comes my question.  How low is everyones' Rocco?  I'll be
>sporting some BBS 15" with 195-50-15s (I don't know the offset...how can
>I find out?)  I'd love to drop her 2.25".  Anyone gone this low without
>shredding their tires or demoing their skirts? (I got a 16V)

My Scirocco sits 23" in the front. (Measured from the ground to the
highest part of the wheel arch) and 23 1/4" in the rear. I've got about 1
1/2" clearance from the tire to the fender. It could go lower but my
lower control arms are level as it sits and since my car is more function
over form, that's as low as its gonna go for now.

>I really want to get some pix of my baby up so everyone can say, "Wow,
>Jay!  You sure do have a nice set of wheels!"  BUt as it is, the poor
>girl looks a mite ruff around the edges.
>jason
>the mad bastard

Well, do yourself a favor and take some before and after pics so you can
really see the difference. The difference of 1/2" is amazing.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and