Re: Scirocco Range

> I have the answer.

Do you....?

> There is a bunch of models and I have the data on them. The specs change
> each year.  I don't have the features like power windows etc on each
> version listed and they do mix it up a bit. For starters This is the line
> up in 1988.

Well, close, but no cigar....

> 1988
> Scirocco GT                                                Carb
>           75HP        1.6 LTR

This is the newer version of the 1.6 and is correct.

> Scirocco GT, GTX , GTi                            F.Injection
> 90HP        1.6 LTR

The GTi was deleted in 1984, with the introduction of the GTX, this
engine was not FI and was 1.8ltr, and (to the best of my knowledge)
was never seen on European GTXs (or GTis)

> Scirocco GT, GTX , GTi                            F.Injection
> 112HP       1.6 LTR

This would have been the one for the GTXs, and is a 1.8ltr.

> Scirocco GT 16V, GTX 16V                     F.Injection           139HP
>    1.8 LTR

This one's right.

> Scirocco GT, Euronorm                             Carb
> 72HP         1.6 LTR

> Scirocco GT,GTX, US-Norm                    F.Injection           95HP
>   1.8 LTR
> Scirocco GT 16V, GTX 16V US-Norm   F.Injection           129HP      1.8 LTR

> If you want the total sheet ask me and I will send it out.

So where'd the info come from? (No offence intended, but its pretty
inaccurate.)

> Just to solve the tail light question...The rear tail fog is only on the
> left side

(In the UK it's normally on the right, although there is still the
nagging doubt as to the wisdom of having twin rear fog lights,
personally I've got both on the Scirocco and Corrado)