[list][semi-official] Subject Leaders

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Paul Krucke wrote:

> LOL, seriously though, no need to mandate something like that
> obviously, but if we had a [JTS] or [HondaSux] catagory, I can save my
> time and DELETE without perusing.  Or, If i didn't feel like reading
> an [Audio] Adding speakers thread it makes using filters easy.  So for
> anyone who can care less about upgrading their stereo, or if people
> could care less about SCCA threads, they can filter on the [xxxx].
> Heck even if we limited it to the Bently Manual Tabs.....

As the list admin, I have no problem with this - I'm not going to
mandate any particular technique, though (mainly because I personally
would never remember to stick by it religiously).

Someone else mentioned something about not CCing the list *and* the
original poster.  This is good form, if a pain... It is possible for
me to set the "Reply-To" header back to the list, which would make it
easy to just hit "reply" and send it to the right place - however,
that tends to make it too easy to send mail meant for private viewing
only to the whole list... as anyone from the early days of the list
will no doubt remember.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/