VIN decoder

Hey Guys,

I ran my cars VIN this morning. The results were not what I expected.

Make: European Passenger car
Type: 2-dr Deluxe
Model: VW Scirocco
Engine: EN 1.7L 74hp SOHC 8v
Year: 1984
Restraint: Active
Manufatured in: Osnabrueck (Karmann)

I always believed I had the 109 c.i. 90 b.h.p. engine. Thats what the owners manual, and sticker
under the hood say. I guess it's quite possible that the hood and owners manual are from another
car.

I guess I should check the engine code now to verify the original engine is still in the car. I
remember the code being on the block just below the head. Can someone help me with the
deciphering?

BTW: I can't remember who wrote the program (I mostly lurk) , but it is nice. My spell checker did
find the word "Manufatured " mispelled in my results. Thanks