Passat 1.8L 16V turbo motor - any info?

I was replacing a CD ROM drive at a local VW dealer this morning and
noticed the 1.8L 16V Turbo option for the '98 Passat.  It looks a whole
lot like the 16V in my Scirocco, but with 9.5:1 compression, Motronic
3.8.x engine management and a turbocharger.

The motor is listed as having been in production since August '97.
Anyone know how similar this unit is to what beats under the hood of the
Scirocco 16V?

Hmmm...

-Ken