Re: Timing Questions.

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997 01:07:40 +0000 Jason <jtcst20+@pitt.edu> writes:

>>If things are completely off, you can crank the engine with all belts
>>attached and the spark plug removed from cyl. #1.
>
>	I'm completely confused.  I thought if it were a 16v he'd bend
>all of his
>valves w/ the timing not set correctly (or no belt or anything)...
>		???
>			Jay

On an 8V you CAN do it that way but its less reliable than eye balling
all the timing marks before installing the timing belt.
If you cranked the motor on a 16V you would bang at least one set of
intake and exhaust valves. Depending on how its sitting. You could do
more damage. Better yet, just don't do it.  : )

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and