Re: Timing Questions.

On Sun, 21 Dec 1997 15:49:56 -0500 (EST) Killa <killa@meceng.coe.neu.edu>
writes:

>1. I moved the spockets without the belt installed.  Could this cause
>problems with setting up the timing in the car?

Definitely will.

>2. Are they any fixes, to this particular problem?

Go through the timming setup as per der book.

>3. In the past, someone spoke of the distributor and makeing some
>rotations
>   to the #1 spark plug?  Could some one elberate on this topic
>please.

Set the flywheel to 0 TDC. set your marks on the cam gear. Set the
distributor to point to the #1 spark plug on the cap. Install the belt.
This will get the car running good enough to get a timing light on it.

> Does any one have any suggestions of mechanics
>in the Boston, MA area that are good with VW's.
>
>Thanks for all your help.
>Kilimanjaro.

I dunno if he's "GOOD" or not but Mannix is in town! :)-
Maybe he can hep yaz work on ya kah?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and