Re: Clutches....

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 17:42:11 -0600 David LeDeaux <das@runt.net> writes:
>Speaking of clutches....  my little rocco-in-tha-worx needs a new clutch
>before I put it on the road.  I have an '80, which I believe has a 190
mm
>clutch.  What all would I need to replace to put in a 210 mm clutch...
if
>that's even possible and/or worth it?

Just get a 210mm flywheel, then get a 210mm pressure plate/disk and your
all set. Don't forget new flywheel and PP bolts.
I happen to have the SACHS 2.0L clutch in my Scirocco but many speak of
using the 16V pressure plate and 8V disc as a good performance combo. I
don't know which one would offer more over the other but im sure somebody
will be able to tell us which is which.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and