Re: fuel tank shield

Greg Faust wrote:

> Any help or suggestions with this one:  My fuel tank heat sheild is sagging and
> hitting the exhaust pipe and creating a rather annoying noise at low rpm.  As
> much as I can see, there is no practical way of holding it up short of screwing
> it to the tank( not desirable option)  The tabs that held it originally are
> rusted to oblivion.  Any magic cures.  I should mention this is on my 88 16v.

Try JB Weld.  It's a simple two part cold weld kit that costs about 4
bucks.  Rough up the mating surfaces with some 80 grit sandpaper, and
use a stick of wood to hold the shield up in position.  That stuff is
unbelievable!  I've seen engine blocks and heads that you thought would
never be fixed - fixed!

Jim Buck,
ES #99
1997 Solo II Points Champion,