Re: Scirocco-1 Rally car???

Ed, it has been done already, by another NJ Scirocco nut, in fact. A fellow
rallyist named Stephen Stephenewski from Keansburg, NJ used to run a red
Scirocco 1. The car was a little rough but that didn't seem to stop him from
running very competitive stage times. I recall him saying that the best thing
about the car was the Quaiffe limited slip and some other enhancements he made
to the gearbox.

If we're going to rally an A1 VW however,  most of us prefer to run Rabbit
GTis. Parts and whole cars are everywhere. Plus the seating position is higher
which is better for visibility. I'd thought about taking my 'Rocco out through
the forest but I can't bear the thought of balling it up! To quote a famous
rally saying, "There are two types of rally cars and drivers -those who have
rolled and those who will." (nervous shivers...)

--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut