Re: For Sale: Perfect '88 GTX

I have a video of this car, and saw it at a show in Michagan in 1994 I
think.  It is originally from Chicago if I am not mistaken.  I still
have .JPG's of this car as I was remotely interested in it when it was
posted up for sale in the news group about 2 1/2 years ago.

It is a wonderful speciman, but IMHO not worth the high price.  I
think I offered $9200.00 for it 2 1/2 years ago.  But I think she(I
think it was a she Chris something or another) let it go for $11,000.
My biggest concern was only 18,000 miles over ~10years made me leary
of seals, and rubber.  VW's were meant to be driven.

As for the gearing, I belive it is an AGB as I inquired with the
original owner way back when, so the ratios should be the same as US
spec.

I can post up the .JPG's to my web site if anyone cares.....

-Paul

>---steven_b@smtpgate.bcsew.edu wrote:
>

>      The Following GTX is being offered for sale by my buddy Tony
Hessner.
>      I can personally vouch for it being world class in every
detail.  A
>      more pampered and pristine example may not exist.  Feast away
boys and
>      girls.  STEVE. (wishing Santa would bring me one.....)
>
>      The CAR:
>
>      1988 VW Scirocco GTX (Sold in Germany)-Gray market here Alpine
white
>      paint/gray cloth interior
>      Euro turn lenses (yellow)
>      US spec head lights (knew you would ask)
>      RW 15'' Custom wheel set (Mfg. In Belgium); Eagle VR50 tires
>      K&N Filtercharger
>      Blaupunkt AM/FM radio upgrade w/Spkrs.
>      Neuspeed upper stress bar front
>      Neuspeed short shift kit
>      Gauges: Oil temp; oil pressure; volt
>      Hella driving lamps
>      Power windows
>
>      This auto was purchased in Germany in 1988 as a new automobile.
 It
>      was imported by the original owner, but it has legal US bumpers
and
>      emission equipment.  The gearbox appears to have a taller 5th
gear.
>      The vehicle is in original condition with original paint and
has never
>      been driven in snow or rain.  The car was never run on a track.
>      Current original mileage is 18,000 in miles.  Complete service
records
>      are available as well as numerous trophies for auto shows.
This car
>      is in near absolute showroom condition.  Price $12,000 American
>      dollars.
>
>      Contact Tony at:
>      AHESS@upchn.com
>      phone number (414)462-7568